Sunday, April 12, 2015

An Altered Hymn - to the Tune of Hymn 180

One day, I'd like to take the altered hymns and the new hymns I've written (and will write), and make them into a book. It would be fun to write lyrics to ten or twenty more hymns and bind them, share them.

Father in heaven, I do believe
The promise you have made
To come into thy holy place
And there to see my Lord.

I now repent with broken heart
And come to thee, my God.
I turn to face thee, Oh my Lord,
And leave my lies behind.

My heart you broke, my soul is bent.
I come before you now.
Wanting nothing except your love,
I give my life to thee. 

Edit: I don't want two posts with the exact same song (I only changed one word, which change I made to the above version), so I am deleting the later post.


(All of the altered lyrics and new lyrics set to familiar hymns that I've posted thus far on this blog have been written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for this blog are moderated. It may take a few days for you to see your comment.