1. The prophet is one of the men who speaks for the Lord, crying repentance unto the people.
2. The living prophet does not contradict scriptures.
3. The living prophet's intent is to work himself out of a job as we all become prophets.
4. The prophet will always retain his freedom to choose his own path.
5. The prophet is not required to have any particular earthly training or credentials to speak on any subject or act on any matter at any time, yet what he preaches is repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. He never presupposes he knows so much that he micromanages the lives of anyone.
6. The prophet does not have to say "Thus Saith the Lord," to give us scripture.
7. The prophet tells us what we need to know, not always what we want to know, thus causing religious people in all walks of life to cry, "Apostate! Sinner! Devil! Away with him!"
8. The prophet is not limited by men's reasoning, paradigms, or religious traditions.
9. The prophet's job is not to receive revelation on every matter, temporal or spiritual. It is to cry repentance and faith on Jesus Christ.
10. (See above)
11. The two groups who have the greatest difficulty in following the prophet are the religious in power and the devout who hold those in power as nearly equal with God.
12. The prophet will not be popular with the self-identified religious, devout, and "righteous."
13. The president and his counselors make up the First Presidency, but may or may not be genuine prophets who have seen Jesus Christ face to face.
14. The prophet and the presidency - the living prophet and First Presidency - follow them and be damned, for following even a true prophet leads to hell (see D&C 76) - reject true prophets and suffer. Follow only Jesus Christ.
1. You are the only man/woman who can receive revelation from the Lord in everything pertaining to your life.
2. Your personal revelation is more vital to you than the standard works.
3. Your personal revelation is more important than a dead prophet.
4. Your personal revelation will never lead the church astray. :D
5. You are not required to have any particular earthly training or credentials to speak on any subject or act on any matter at any time.
6. You do not have to say "Thus Saith the Lord," to receive personal scripture.
7. Your personal revelation tell you what you need to know, not always what you want to know.
8. Your personal revelation is not limited by men's reasoning.
9. You can receive revelation on any matter, temporal or spiritual.
10. You may advise yourself on civic matters.
11. The two groups who have the greatest difficulty in receiving personal revelation are the proud who are learned and the proud who are rich.
12. You will not necessarily be popular with the world or worldly.
13. You make up the highest quorum in your personal life.
14. Your personal revelation - follow it and be blessed - reject it and suffer.