Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Success!

I began NaNoWriMo right after midnight on Nov 1. I worked on the writing every day until Saturday night. I took a break from writing on Sunday, then worked twice as hard on Monday. I got to just over 50,000 words on Nov 8th. If we don't count the day I didn't write, I reached my goal in 7 days. That is a record for me. And, besides that, this year's novel is more coherent than the last two years. In other words, the plot lasted longer.

Maybe I'll add more to it, and maybe I won't. I only have about 4 or 5 pictures drawn, so I'll probably throw myself into that for a few days.

2 comments:

  1. What is is NaNoWriMo? Never heard of it but it sounds like fun. I always have good intent to check out your sites but haven't. I will try working on it more cause I know it makes a difference. Love ya

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. It begins at midnight Nov 1st and goes until midnight Nov 30th. The goal is to write 50,000 words in a month. They also have a young writer's program for teens and younger. As I understand it, they set their own goals. Many schools participate in the young writers program.

    This is their website, if you want to check it out.

    http://nanowrimo.org/en

    The forums are here.
    http://nanowrimo.org/en/forums

    The forums will give you a flavor for what is going on over there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments for this blog are moderated. It may take a few days for you to see your comment.