Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ramblings

I finished my novel at just over 56,000 words on Nov 13th. I'm not planning on going back to add more words to my NaNo count.

I've drawn a few pictures, but not many. I keep feeling like I'm not seeing well enough or the connection between my hand and eye doesn't work. In fact, I think that the fact that I mentioned that I draw at times will put into people's head the illusion that I draw quite well. During my life, I have drawn a few pictures that were fairly good but I am nowhere near as good as I was heading before undefined criticism killed my joy of drawing many years ago.

Similarly, with speaking or reading foreign languages, I'm concerned that mentioning I dabble will cause people to think I am somehow proficient in the languages I play with. Such is not the case.

And if I mention that I am now in a church choir (or have been in them in the past) people will somehow think I can sing.

I am mediocre. I do not fit this world's idea of success in any way, shape or form. Nor do I fit my religion's definition of success in any way, shape, or form (divorced twice totally blew it - and the fact that my children are free to choose makes me a bit of an oddball).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for this blog are moderated. It may take a few days for you to see your comment.