Monday, August 23, 2021

3 Dads Address School Boards about critical race theory/pronouns

This four-minute video shows 2 black men challenging critical race theory, and another man challenging pronouns. Very much worth watching, in my opinion.
Highlights from the video: Father number one:
"I am a direct descendant of the American slave trade. ... I am not oppressed and I'm not a victim."
He mentioned that he travels all over the U.S. then said,
"I am treated with kindness, dignity, and respect literally from coast to coast. I have three children. They are not oppressed either, although they are victims. I have taught my children they are victims of 3 things. Their own ignorance, their own laziness, and their own poor decision-making. That is all."
"I can think of nothing more damaging to a society than to tell a baby born today that she has grievances against another baby born today simply because of what their ancestors may have done two centuries ago."
Father number two:
"Their job is to teach our kids math, science, biology, literature. That's it. Not ideology. Now you want to push garbage-crap like pronouns?" "You want to push that garbage down my kids' throats, I will make you call my kids king and queen. That's how you will address my son and my daughter. And you look at me, you will call me master. You want [those] pronouns to be in your mouth when you look at me?"
Father number three (he was rushed because he was trying to get all he wanted to say out in the few minutes he was allowed, so some of his sentences trailed off):
"You talk abut critical race theory, which is pretty much going to teach kids how to hate each other." "It's pretty much what it's gonna all come down to. You gonna deliberately teach kids this white kid right here got it better than you because he's white? You gonna purposely tell a white kid, oh, the black people are all down at the foot. How do I have two medical degrees if I'm sitting here oppressed?" "You gonna tell me that somebody who looks like all you white folks kept me from going there? Are you serious? Not one white person ever came to me and said, 'Son, you ain't going to get anywhere because the black people ..." "Black folks are being told by other black folks, 'You ain't going to be able to do nothing out there because them white folks ain't going to let you get nowhere.'" "The white man going to keep you down. Well, how did I get where I am right now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for this blog are moderated. It may take a few days for you to see your comment.