Friday, February 10, 2017

The Fulness of the Record of John?

6  And John saw and bore record of the fulness of my glory, and the fulness of John's record is hereafter to be revealed.
18  And it shall come to pass, that if you are faithful you shall receive the fulness of the record of John.
Doctrine and Covenants 93

I've not read the pdf (the quote below is a link to it), but I intend to. It might prove enlightening.


... a newly revealed account of John the Beloved’s Testimony of Jesus the Messiah 

Edited to add: I've been reading this pdf. It is the testimony of John the Beloved, not John the Baptist. Still, there is incredible enlightenment. I had no idea that the Father was so closely involved with us. I was pretty sure that Jesus was and is, but the Father seemed so remote to me. My mind is enlightened, my soul is lifted up to the heavens. I feel within my heart to proclaim my gratitude to God for this revelation, and feel even more desire to serve Him and only Him.

It also is sobering to me to realize that it would have been much harder to listen to a man who says the things Jesus said about himself and about his standing with the Father, than it is to accept a simple messenger from the Lord, a messenger who continually admits he is not worthy of our adoration, but is like us, and is only here, pointing us to the Savior, because the Lord called him to do the task.



2 comments:

  1. I think this new document is incredible. Absolutely stunning. I will be reviewing it again and again. One thing that really stood out to me was how frequently and clearly Jesus declared himself to be the Messiah. There was no coyness about who he was (I Am) and what his mission was in coming into mortality.

    This document will probably be ignored or disregarded by most, but I view it as a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am presently on page 24 and have the same reaction to it.

      It makes things more clear that I had not even thought about. And, I agree, Jesus was certainly not coy about declaring who he was.

      I am sure there is more to glean than I am getting on this first read-through, but I am getting a great deal anyway.

      Toni

      Delete

Comments for this blog are moderated. It may take a few days for you to see your comment.