Tuesday, September 21, 2021

A Broken Heart - the death of a friend

When I heard that Bret Corbridge had asked to be let go, and was taken off all machines, my heart broke. There have been other trials in my life recently, my children's lives, my siblings' lives, and in the lives of other friends. All of them were pushing me down, creating meltdown types of stress, but this news (and his subsequent death) was the final straw. My heart broke wide open. Samantha, I'm crying with you. A lot of us are. 

 This morning, I got a sense that this life is not really that much, that there is so much more to our lives than this little place and that it's okay when someone dies because they are just continuing their journey. Their work here is actually done. This was in response to my strong feelings about Bret and Tyson dying (because this brought up stuff from when my friend Tyson died, too). 

(There is a link at the bottom of this post where a mutual friend created a go-fund-me to help with Bret's funeral expenses.) 

 I think I was being shown that we put far too much emphasis on losing someone when they go, and not enough on seeing that this place is temporary. So temporary. For all of us. 

In my life, I have found that songs comfort me when I am stressed, depressed scared, angry, terrified, and so on. I get more from singing than from listening, but both can be powerfully healing. 

I am sharing some below. There are two that are not videos and 5 videos that are videos.

 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bret-corbridge-memorial-fund-for-wonderful-family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for this blog are moderated. It may take a few days for you to see your comment.